Cannot apply settings and how to set a details link

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:31 AM
Just installed the skin object. It shows the dark banner at the top with only the main text and "got it". I want to add a link for more details. I am using this code

<dnn:COOKIECONSENT runat="server" id="CookieConsent1"
AnalyticsCookie="true"
SocialCookie="false"
AdvertisingCookie="true"
NecessaryCookie="true"
BannerPosition="top"
ObjectStyle="light"
seeDetails="/privacy.aspx" />

Changing the settings here doesn't make any difference. No matter what i change, say changing "top" to "bottom", the behaviour is the same. The only change that works is if I change the text through language resources.

So it sort of works, but not really usable without being able to change settings. Please advise. Thanks
Nov 8, 2015 at 5:45 PM
I can only confirm this behavior - settings changes in this version of DnnCC are not respected. Hopefully Geoff will take a stance on this.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2015 at 6:09 PM
Hi Greg,

Which version are you using?

As mentioned on this main page, the new version can be found here:

https://github.com/dnnconsulting/DnnC.CookieConsent

If the problem still exists let me know.

Regards,

Geoff
Nov 8, 2015 at 6:34 PM
Geoff,

Thanks for prompt reply.
Actually I downloaded the new version from https://github.com/dnnconsulting/DnnC.CookieConsent/releases and this is 2.0.1 which obviously is alright.

Pity for me I didn't care to look around the page up to find the instructions but tried the settings instructions from the codeplex page.

Now the DNNCookieCOnsent works alright for me, yet if I'm not mistaken, there are fewer settings to be adjusted than there were in the previous version and some of them changed their names (e.g. ObjectStyle -> CookieTheme).

Anyways, that's a wrap-up for me, Geoff, and thanks again.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Hi Greg,

the newer version has changed a bit and there are some different settings.

This version also displays correctly on mobile devices and better.

We all make the mistake of not reading ;-)

Glad it's sorted!

Regards,

Geoff