welcome to the DnnC CookieConsent discussion

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Welcome!
Apr 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM
It's a well tailored module which replaces my temporary cookie's cookie EU compliant solution. Pity it's of a one-time use, however code snippets could be used in other projects as well. Anyway, thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the comments.

Could you explain what you mean when you say "a one-time use" please?

The way that the cc works is it displays a bar at the top or bottom of the site, when a user makes his/her decision on whether to except the cookies or not the bar then becomes a tab, cookies are stored on the SilkTide website so there is no cookies saved on your site.

If the user wants to change their decision they can just click on the cookie tab and change the settings.

Because this is a skin object you just embed it into any skin and it should work for every site.

Thanks,

Geoff
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
gmBarlow wrote:
Could you explain what you mean when you say "a one-time use" please?

The way that the cc works is it displays a bar at the top or bottom of the site, when a user makes his/her decision on whether to except the cookies or not the bar then becomes a tab, cookies are stored on the SilkTide website so there is no cookies saved on your site.
Goeff, not in my case, at least when applied to localhost. When configured to inform only about the necessary cookies I can find on my server the "cc_necessary" cookie which expires one year after the consent is granted. So actually in my case there are no "DnnC CookieConsent" cookies stored outside of my server.

But of course it's not a complaint as I sustain my compliments about the module.

By the "one-time use" I meant it's such a useful project which can be used only once by an ordinary user (not a complaint again) since such a user usually doesn't have developer tools at his/her disposal to remove/edit the cookie.

Keep up the good work.

Edit: I have read the documentation just now and I know what you meant by saying the consent could be changed for the websites which use the EU CookieConsent. Thanks again.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you like the module we have created.

The way we use the module in the Netherlands is :
  1. notify the user we use cookies
  2. give them the option of turning off cookie in their browser
So its the option out and not the opt in way.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Geoff